Monday, January 3, 2011

The whyfor & whereto

I always get excited when I find a blog or a site from women authors about gaming or game development. I go, "Ooh! More anecdotal evidence that I'm not THAT unusual!"

I also spend a good bit of time thinking about games, and how they could be better in ways to attract more women, and how they could be better in general. All that brain effort expended, may as well make it public, in case it sparks someone else's brain effort to positive effect.

So, some general points I can think of offhand that I'd like to get around to making, but which probably deserve their own blog posts (or might get mixed and matched):
  • Parent-friendly games from parent-friendly studios
  • Levels are jerks
  • Puzzle Pirates versus World of Warcraft
  • Community and women gamers
  • Women's conceptualization of gamers from inside and outside, and overlap thereof
  • Farmville's brilliance and evil
And more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment